We take online safety very seriously. Here are some ways in which we help our children to stay safe online:
- School's internet service is heavily filtered by our Internet Service Provider.
- We have a current e-safety policy.
- When teaching Computing, our staff include online safety as part of the curriculum.
- We run regular assemblies which give children opportunities to learn about and discuss online safety issues.
- Derbyshire Constabulary run 'Internet Safety for Parents' meetings at our school.
- Visitors from Derbyshire Constabulary support our efforts by taking assemblies and running workshops to teach children about online safety and cyber-bullying issues.
- The children's area of our website has an online safety section which the children helped to write.
- Posters are displayed around school.
Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Board
The DSCB is a body which works to ensure that children and young people throughout Derbyshire are kept safe and have their needs met. Their website is here.
Click the documents below to view the DSCB's recent 'Think About It' newsletter and leaflet. These contain advice concerning child sexual exploitation.