How will we know that we are successful?
We constantly monitor important evidence for success and take action where we are not successful.
These are some of the things we look at to make sure we are meeting the needs of children with SEND:
- their academic standards and good progress;
- their behaviour;
- their school attendance;
- their involvement in activities, visits and clubs;
- their involvement in the full life of the school;
- destinations and smooth transitions. For example, feedback from secondary/infant schools;
- parent feedback or complaints.
We also want to understand the experience of children with SEND so we regularly think about and discuss with children:
- their sense of inclusion;
- positive attitudes to self, peers and school;
- their personal resilience and confidence as learners.